The Care Coordinator/Scheduler is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials between departments according to the established policies and procedures for maintaining new and existing clients. He/She is responsible for paperwork compliance as well as maintaining a correct schedule for the clients and caregivers, matching appropriate caregivers to clients,finding appropriate replacement caregivers when a caregiver will miss a shift,updating demographic information on clients and caregivers, and keeping all staff up to date on any issue, complaint or concern.
1) Coordinates initiation of client services
2) Complete member notification forms for Medicaid as required
3) Schedule existing clients with their caregivers at least 3 weeks in advance
4) Verify clients receive their scheduled services by a caregiver unless the client ask to cancel services
5) Contact the nurse and the program manager when a sentinel event occurs.
6) Revise schedules when required due to regulatory issues, labor shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
7) Participate in on call rotation as described in the company policies and procedures.
8) Provide direct care if a caregiver calls and cannot work, another caregiver is not available to work the
shift and the client does not ask to cancel service.
9) Maintain caregiver certification and documentation
10) Possess and maintain a vehicle in working and clean condition that is available for use during any
time that the employee is scheduled to work with appropriate vehicle insurance.
11) participate in orientation, periodic training or in services and attend all mandatory staff
12) Provide initial caregiver disciplinary actions
13) Maintain and update company Whiteboard, Open shift board, and on call reporting board.